Friday 8 June 2012

I'm back!


I went away with an open mind and an open heart

meeting online friends, old friends, new friends, shopping, eating and learning ...

and lucky enough to find myself in town by 10 am on Friday!

a taxi ride and quick pit stop at the hotel I took myself off to browse the V and A

where I partook of a little light luncheon here ...



the smell of the lillies was fabulous



there was a lot of this


and a little of this


and I finally got myself to Fortnum and Masons


the window was fantastic as were the displays in the food hall ...

a little trip on the tube and I was planning a sneaky little nap, (it's my age you know!)

however I bumped almost literally into Susan and from that point on, my feet didnt' touch the ground ...

there was a little of this






dinner with Brit Bee ladies and other guest at the amazing expanding table setting ...

more tube action for a little shopping at Tikki Patchwork ...


retired to the bar and bed for precious sleep in preparation for 'the big weekend'

more to follow ...

Trudi x



15 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

You never know when you will bump into me. And it was much more fun than a nap. It was almost the only time I got to chat to you! Lovely to see you again though.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh happy day! x

Judith, Belfast said...

Oh to turn back the clock! Love the new look btw! Jxo

Katy Cameron said...

That Susan, she really gets around you know ;o)

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love love love the V&A, I always try to squeeze in a trip there when I get to go to London alone. It was so great to meet you, can't wait till 2013!

Rafael's Mum said...

Lovely post Trudi! I love the V&A too, never found the lunchroom yet and it looks as if I was missing out! If I only had known you were there... I was there too having lunch in the courtyard! Better coordination next year!!

Sarah said...

Looks like such a lovely day! (I didnt get my scheduled nap either!)

Sparky said...

Being with alike minds what could possibly be sweeter than your company.... Love hearing about it trudy.

Leanne said...

I remember much of that day, it was so fun to get to know you!

Deborah said...

I'm so happy to meet you through our new purse swap! I loved looking through your post photos......places I've visited but years ago! Deborah/Miss Luella

Di said...

Love the V&A. Now I know why you travelled up early to London. Di x

Betty said...

It was great meeting you!
You made me feel welcome straight away (you did!)
Sorry I didn't get to see your FMQ skills in action.
Hopefully next year?

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

It seems you all had such a lovely, dreamy time at that retreat! So glad!!

Nicky said...

Just about my fav place in London - the V&A! So glad I got to talk to you!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Trudi. Just happened upon your blog and have enjoyed seeing your lovely quilting projects. It sounds like London was a great meeting of the minds!
best, nadia