Wednesday 4 January 2012

Feathers and finishes

Yes, a finish so early in the year!  


this is affectionately known as Liz's quilt, a commission piece for a friend of my mums'

final size is 60" x 80"


I had a little fun playing :) 


I just can't help myself when it comes to feathers, something I wanted to learn how to do, right from the very beginning of getting my New English Quilter Frame


and if you want to learn how to do them too, you can!

I'm resisting joining some of the Finish It Up quilt along linkys going on right now, (I'm not ignoring you Rhonda!)  choosing to concentrate on my Winter Stitching List.  and guess what?  Liz's quilt is on there! Check, another one done from 'the list'! 

Whilst things have been a little quiet round here, it's not that I've been ignoring you, it's just I'm a tad inseparable from these ...


you'd think a break from work would have been enough, but sadly not, so stitching has slowed  (hooray I hear some of you calling!)

I'll be back with some more UFO stitchery soon I hope, in the mean time, I'll keep taking the tablets  :) 

Happy Quilting!


14 comments:

Manda said...

Aw no I hope your feeling better soon! The quilt is great and the quilting is gorgeous! I am so jealous you've finished something already this year lol I gave up trying to sew after 20 mins of destroying everything I touched today! I will try again tomorrow lol!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I hope you feel better soon...the quilt is fabulous and those feathers are absolutely stunning - that's some talent you have!!

Sarah said...

Oh no! You still all full of the lergy? Hope you get much better soon :-)

Katy Cameron said...

Wow, that's a huge finish, love it! Feel better soon though

Judith, Belfast said...

LOVE those feathers! So sorry to hear you're dosed! You must have got mine (which I've still got!). Lots of hot toddies! Jxo

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilting. I think those germs sneak up on us when we relax a bit, hope it passes quickly.

QuiltSue said...

Hey, we should get together - I'm very attached to my tissues today too. I felt OK last night when I went to bed, then woke up at about 3 am sneezing and full of cold. Typical that, I had quilting plans for today!

Barb said...

Your feathers are just awesome!

Canadian Abroad said...

I love that quilt with the two huge stars. And as always your quilting is inspiring.

Lis Harwood said...

Hope you soon stop sniffing and start stitching again.

Catherine said...

lurve your quilting

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Crikey, if you can do this with the lurg, what's my excuse!!?
Get back on form soon Trudi xxx

WandaFish said...

Wonderful quilt and your feathers are amazing!
Hope you feel better soon.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

yay for a great finish!!! Love the big stars Trudi! Happy New Year!