Saturday 8 October 2011

Christmas Quilt Along


It's that time again for the Christmas Quilt Along, and this month we are hosted by Cathi.  Don't worry, Sue is still quilting along too, in fact she's already steaming ahead. 

I've been don the allotment this morning, a bit of tidying, harvesting those butternut squashes, some tasty potatoes (Bonnie's make fab bakers!) and the last few raspberries, oh and don't forget the strawberries,.... yes, strawberries in October, mad!  Completely mad!  But delicious!


So having read over on Lynz's blog, about the dumpling pouches, I'm going to give them a go and see how I get on.  I may just start off with a prototype and then crack on with a few of the real thing once I've got my head around all that curved zipping.  Wish me luck

Come back later and I'll let you know how I got on, I may .... or may not have done a little baking too!  Shhhh, don't tell himself, though I fear the smell may have given me away!



6 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Your fruit harvest looks yummy.

Just had a look at the "dumplings" and they look great, but I can't do zips!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I found a link to the dumpling pouch on another blog this morning. Making a trial run would be a good idea for me - I'm a quilter not a sewist. And zippers scare me. But I need to face them!

Manda said...

Strawberries now.. wow!
Dumpling pouches look cute! Hope you have a productive day :)

Sarah said...

Oooh wow, you're still getting strawbs! Yum :-)

Mrs.Pickles said...

Those berries look great!

Canadian Abroad said...

Strawberries?!?! Look fantastic though.