Sunday 18 September 2011

Sunday so soon!

Well, my first job was to give the studio a sweep, I'm guilty of cutting trimming and just brushing them right off the table, it was getting a bit slippy ...

Ooops, I think it needed it!

I got my two blocks made for Susan Miss September of the Brit Bee



but I can't show them just yet, I hope you like them Susan.  :)

I got six wonky stars pieced for Judith for Bee Blessed ...


If you don't know about Bee Blessed, go take a look at the post Judith wrote on her blog...

I got my block for Pea Room quilters done ...


and I finished block #2's for the Happy Quilting quilt along ...


I'll try to get block ~3's cut tomorrow, I need to get a move on and have this top finished before the end of the month!

And I got the quilt loaded on the frame ....


this one is for a friend who was having trouble quilting it on her domestic machine ...


and I even managed to do some quilting on it!  Wooohoooo! 

so that leaves just two things on my list from the last post : 

add borders to Sassy Christmas Stars
Mystery QAL catch-up

not a bad weekend's work!  I also got a batch of Pear chutney made,  just got to wait 3 months for it to mature, and all the washing and ironing is done, so I just need to sort these back into order ...


for a trunk show/talk tomorrow night  :) 

OK, I'll let you into a little secret .... come closer.... closer ....that's better :)  the Teenage Diva was out by lunchtime Saturday, went on a sleep over and came home mid afternoon today!  :) 

How was your weekend?


9 comments:

Manda said...

You got lots done! Love those happy quilting blocks!

Canadian Abroad said...

I cannot believe how much you got done! And thanks for doing my blocks. Can't wait to see them!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

This must have been a weekend of super sewing seems everyone is blogging about how much they got done this weekend, Way to go!!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Would the Diva like to do some babysitting?!
Superbly good weekend I'd say x

Sheila said...

You achieve so much! And I see you make good use of the good old Ikea blue bags - they are great for trundling quilts about aren't they?

Nicky said...

Wow! You have been prolific! Love the wonky star blocks!

Judith, Belfast said...

Love the Bee Blessed blocks T. What a lot you got done - when the cat's away eh? Jxo

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Wow, your list has definitely got shorter and everything looks great - you must be going back to work for a rest!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow - what a productive weekend! I can see you'll want to send your Teenage Diva on more sleepovers! :o)