Saturday 19 February 2011

quick catch-up

Busy, tiring, trying week....  so a quick catch up!

I got two journal covers made last weekend  :)

finished 8 postcards ready for a swap...

Got my Holiday Hoops quilt top finished, (but forgot to take it down and with me for the class on Tuesday - Oops)

I got the Block made for Pea Room Quilter done, a tad too busy I think after seeing Mary's

finished my mug rug for the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap 3

the back



And got it all packaged up with some goodies and in the post.  My partner should be getting it any day now :)  I hope she likes it!

It's been a lovely day, met up with Friends for lunch to say a final Bon Voyage to our dear friend Sandy who is finally off to French France.  Had a wonderful exchange of e-mails with a delightful blogging friend, a great way to start the day, thank you :)  And this evening an unexpected call from my brother, who although we pass e-mails every now and then, I hadn't actually spoken to in probably 10 years! 

Yes, today was a good day! 

Happy Quilting!


7 comments:

QuiltSue said...

As long as the busy-ness involved lots of quilting, it's OK. Sorry about it being trying too though. Hope this week will be better.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I'm exhausted just reading your blog! Well done lots of loveliness happening

Barb said...

Alot of yummy stuff going on over there....!! Great post!

Quilthaze said...

I'm amazed at what you manage even in a trying week! I absolutely love those journal covers and the feathered hearts.

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

I love your new blog header! Did you design it yourself? Did I miss the post where you explained all that?!

Sparky said...

Well my dear you have been busy...Have to say I am mesmerized by your postcards and your mug rug ..well perfect...your partner will no doubt love it. too...Love those special times with an online friend, I have a few of them...we all manage to connect don't we...thank goodness for threads, needles and fabric..look at what we can weave...blessings...to a delightful week..

Quilt Rat said...

Your cards look GREAT! Glad to see you had fun with that design.