Tuesday 25 January 2011

They came, They built, They left ...

What can I say!  They arrived again at 7:15 am this morning, they finished off the building and were gone before 1 pm.  It's finished ... almost!



The electrician is due on Saturday, so hopefully we can be operational by Sunday!  Yippeeeee!  (and the blinds are to follow)

A very big thank you to all the guys at Booths Garden Studios for all their hard work to make my quilting studio a reality! 

The Teenage Diva helped me move my frame and a few things in there tonight, but it was dark so I'll try to grab a quick pic in the morning before I go to work.  Especially as my friend Jean visited this afternoon and insisted we put up a couple of quilts to see what it will look like! 

I have a plan for the old office space, and need to instigate that before the electrician arrives, so there will be lots of tooing and froing for a while till I'm settled :)  I'll be sure to keep you posted on how it pans out. 

I couldn't resist the urge to splurge on fabric any longer, perhaps it was the temptation of the up coming sale at the LQS.  Anyway, these arrived in post today, courtesy of Courtney at Seamstar!  Thanks Courtney, they are fantastic!  No regrets at all!


And while I was supervising the Studio this morning, I got a little work done on this top from the LQS workshop I attended last week.


Just borders to add, and I have a cunning plan!

Other exciting news, I've been asked to teach at a quilting retreat specifically aimed at machine quilters!  Thank you Martha!  You can find all the details here

10 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Oh dear, I'm terribly jealous of your new quilt studio! blessings, marlene

Jan said...

Oh it gets better and better ,You will be so happy in there ...love Jan xx

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

I am *so* happy for you and your new studio! Gosh, it will be fantastically wonderful to have a dedicated space with all of your tools and supplies.

Unless you have graphed out where you want things to be, it's going to take a while to figure out where the "best" place for everything should be. But the journey will be great!

Congratulations!

Betsy said...

It looks amazing. Congratulations!

Wendy said...

Congrats on the finished studio! Can't wait to see more pics of how you set it all up. Enjoy your new stitching space!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Oh it looks wonderful! and I can't believe how quick it went up! Keep posting pics...I'm loving every minute of it!

QuiltSue said...

It just looks fantastic.

Congrats on being asked to teach at the retreat too, you do such gorgeous work that it's going to be wonderful for the students.

J said...

OH it is so beautiful!!! What a great design with the wall of windows. I would love to come be a fly on the wall!!Thank you for the inspiration -- hope you get to move in and spread out soon!!

Emma said...

What a delight! You will really enjoy it, such a sanctuary, too. I think you deserved that bit of retail therapy after all that!

Plum Cox said...

Wow! It looks tremendous, and I can hardly believe how little time the builders were on site!

I hope you really enjoy being in such a great space.