Wednesday 10 November 2010

And did I mention ...

I got these little zipper gift bags in the mail to Brooke.


I'd love to point you in the direction of the blog I saw a tutorial about them, but for the life of me, I have not been able to find it. 

Edited Note:  Thanks Linda for the link to the tutorial for the bags.  LuAnn Kessi of May your Bobbin always be full blog is where you'll find great instructions

 
If you're interested, about 18" x width of fabric quilted in a one'r.  Then cut into 5 equal segments and sewn up into zippered bags using 8" zips  (I used what I had!) 

Really quick to do!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I saw these bags on a blog a while ago and fell in love with them. Hope I have time to do some before Christmas. Hope your recipient like yours!

http://luannkessi.blogspot.com/2009/12/quilted-zipper-bagtutorial.html

Regards
Linda

Barb said...

Those are adorable.....

QuiltSue said...

They look great, BUT, and it's a big but for me, I've never been able to successfully put a zip into anything.

J said...

oh those are adorable -- thanks for the link. I think I will enlarge a bit and make some for my DDs puters -- they tend to just throw their laptops into their back packs then wonder why they are scratched up. These would be a pretty addition to the backpack and textbooks.