Saturday 9 October 2010

Christmas Quilt Along - Early Evening update

Late Evening update:  No more work done! (well that's not strictly true, I've prepared the ingredients for some Plum and Russet Mincemeat for Christmas!)     I've gone to bed, I'll update you tomorrow on how I get on through the day! Thanks for coming back to check up on me!





By Lunchtime I had a pile of blocks  :)


We stopped for some homemade butternut squash soup which had been bubbling away on the stove whilst I worked. 


Can you tell what it its yet?  LOL

I was able to lay out the blocks into the strips, of which I have 3 strip sets now pieced. 

And as is my usual habit, I used the pieces of the table runner as leaders and enders so it went together without really thinking about it.

Just a little one, only measures 14 1/2 x 34 1/2".  I'll save quilting it until the frame is free or the Berni is home.

Speaking of which, the 'Reserve' wasn't playing nicely today!  Hmmph!  For no apparent reason she decided that she didn't want to play and sent the tension doolally.  I was less than please having sung her praises earlier in the week.  She's on a warning!

How are you doing?  Have you had a chance to go see what everyone else is up to? 

Go on, you know you want to, grab another cup on your fave beverage and sit and enjoy for a while!

I'll be back later with another post before I call it a night.  (we've just had dinner, which pretty much sorted itself out in the oven all afternoon!) 

See you later!


11 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Beautiful blocks. I can't wait to see it all put together.

Joanna said...

I don't know what the blocks are unless they are ornaments? Whatever they are, they look very nice. I like your runner, too.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Wow, you've done beautifully!

Shellie said...

I like that quilt... different pattern. You really use leaders and enders huh... I cant get into it.

Reenie said...

Wow...that is terrific!!! Looks like you had a really good day of getting stuff done. Congrats!!

Pattilou said...

You've made lots of progress! Last year I made green tomato mincemeat and still have some for this year thank goodness cause I'll not get to it this year. That is a holiday favorite for me! Squash soup--you can come cook for me anytime! Sounds like we like the same things!

QuiltSue said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your update this morning.

siv hege said...

Good work! Important to eat good food when sewing! Hey, now I am hungry, lol

Tracey said...

I love this grey that everyone is using ! These blocks look good and i love the table runner.

JayTee said...

I love the blocks you are making. I'm looking for the mincemeat recipe. I haven't homemade mincemeat since I was a teen ( and that was a LONG time ago!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the Amy Butler Daisy Chain fabrics. So pretty against white.