Tuesday 16 March 2010

Playing catch-up...

I spent last week working on my c&g work.  I managed to put one module to bed and make a good start on the next.  I'm working on the origins of 4 patch, 5 patch and 9 patch blocks.  If you shed any light on these, I'd really appreciate it. 

Ok, back to the real quilting, this is the first block for the Jelly Roll Sampler quilt along.  I'm using an Eva JR with a green on white subtle fabric as a background.  I did get block 2 made this evening, and it was only put on the blog today.  After being so far behind on stuff, I thought I should play a little catch-up.

I managed to get my blocks for the Bees Knees Bee I belong to.  These are for Debbie (Miss March).  Such a simple pattern but soooooo effective!  If you get 5 mins to head over to the blog (there's a button on the right) you'll be able to see Debbie's plan for these.  It's stunning!
And with the fabric Claire (Miss Feb) sent, I managed 3 blocks, which is great as the request was for 2 if we could manage it.  I hope this makes up for being a little late in the day for these!
At the weekend I went to the Regional Day for the Quilters Guild.  It was great to catch up with freinds, make new ones, the faith lunch was wonderful (as always) and th speaker was Barbara Weeks.  It was wonderful to see her quilts up close and personal, as well as her sketch books.   Lots of show and tell, but I wanted to show you this quilt.  By Elaine Smith, it has taken her 6 years, the silks have all been dyed. 


Imagine being told that this isn't good enough to enter into a show.  Really, it was stunning!

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Wow! You've been busy, thanks for the show and tell, it was great!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

you have been busy haven't you! love the flying geese blocks! fun stuff...
and of course I like those houses!

Lis Harwood said...

What a stunning piece of work - who is it who makes the decisions about what's good enough and what isn't? Love your latest projects too, especially the blocks for Debbie, the little piece of colour is a brilliant touch.