Tuesday 9 February 2010

a little bit of this, a little more of that and a crinkle or two!

A little bit of this ... a finish.

Finally I got this little runner I made before Christmas bound and done! I really like it, I have a friend who has her birthday soon, it may be heading her way :)

A little more...

... time spent on my 'Camp Sloanie Keeping the Camp Fires Burning' quilt means I actually got the borders on it today. Wooohoooo! Another top to add to the pile of those awaiting quilting. I have a few ideas on quilting this one already! It may have to do a little queue jumping ... hehe!
I started my Expedition Quilt Art challenge for February. Using some of my snow dyed fabric, I had a good read of Nellies Needles blog, and set my fabric to dry in the airing cupboard! Today was the day it was released from the confines of the cup revealing a crinkle or two!


I eased the fabric out, and layered it onto the backing and some beautiful wool wadding. This is going to be hand quilted, and I just love hand quilting on wool wadding. I found myself some big needles, though I'm not sure about them just yet. They'll take some getting used to. I am so used to using tiny needles to get tiny stitches on hand quilting.


But I do have some beautiful threads to use on this project. I'm having fun with them already :)
Happy quilting!

12 comments:

Fenland Textile Studio said...

I love the crinkle fabric, mine has been drying for 4 days now by the rayburn flue (still not dry though). can't wait to see the batik after queue jumping! Angela

Betsy said...

great runner Trudi

Anonymous said...

I love your camp quilt...the colors go very well together.

Barb said...

Your runner is really lovely but that quilt is awesome....

shellysquilts said...

Cute table runner! I luv your feathers! Happy sewing!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I like your table runner, awesome and your camp quilt top turned out great. Can't wait to see your crinkle fabric all done.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

wow wow WOW! cute runner! great quilt! love those colors!! and how cool is that dyed fabric! can't wait to see what becomes of it!!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

and yes, I am so jealous of your gorgeous feathers!!! I can draw, but I can't do feathers worth a darn!

QuiltSue said...

Your feather quilting is just amazing. I love your Camp Fire quilt, and really look forward to seeing how you quilt this.

sweetypie said...

they are both lovely trudi so very calm and balanced --long darners?

Janet said...

Your friend is a lucky person. This runner is gorgeous. Your must have had a lot of practice with quilting because the feathering is perfect. Love the colors in the camp quilt. I'm really interested in seeing what you do with the wrinkled fabric.

Tracey said...

Yet again ... you surpass yourself. You may have 3 gold stars .. one for each project! I love the runner and the camp fire quilt but I am really intrigued to see the art challenge quilt. I've never heard of crinkling fabric like this. What a great idea. It will add another dimensional layer to the piece.